Saturday, March 12, 2011

OK Something I Gotta Try

Hi,
     I now have a blog. I had one several years ago at AOL but no one seemed interested. I hope to get a little more mileage here at Google with the catchy URL and all. When I got something on my mind I'll write.
     We used to have pen-pals when we were children. Today I am not too sure if that goes on anymore. This modern era no longer requires us to actually write things on paper and mail them. All of this can be printed out though. It saves a bunch of trees and postage and the postal workers sweat.
     Enough of that now let me tell you a little about me. I may start an about me section if I stray off on a fictional bend and not publish autobiographical stories. Would it be alright to play around with fictional stories? You let me know. I'll try some and see if I get any response. In the meantime here is the scoop on Rich Munnich.  The entire blog is going to be "about me" so relax and get set for a wild ride. I'm a fifty year old white man from Chicago. Now this is going to date this entry so it cannot be a general thing. Right now I'm fifty, by the time you end up reading this I may be older. I'll always be white and a man rest assured that will not change. Please don't dwell on it we all get older. You will get older too. That is what is awesome about you.
    I chose this Awesome Inc. template because I'm awesome too, thanks. You should be completely enthralled by this. HEY WAKE UP!  Right now, today is Saturday and we got nothing going on. I'm struggling financially. As a matter of fact I have been living really below the poverty level since 2002. In two years I will have lived a decade of poverty. You're doubting that because I have a computer and an internet subscription but those things are a facade.  How did I end up here? Well you get to read all about it.
     It is pointless to live your life for things. Things have always been a problem for me. I first learned things were going to be a problem a long time ago. One story that jumps out at me right at this moment about things is the one about my Brother Marty's glasses. Fences were built with a patterned chicken wire and two by fours nailed to posts. These chain linked all metal fences we have today weren't around in 1970 when I was nine years old. We had a swing set in the backyard of our house on Normal Ave. Those two by fours made a great place to set things during the summer. For example a cup of water. If you drag out the garden hose and the sprinkler on a hot summer day it makes a dandy place to set a pair of glasses too. Marty and I used to set up the sprinkler just under those swings and the slide. Marty didn't want to get a towel to clean off his new glasses so he set them there on the opposite side of that fence so they wouldn't get wet. It was more or less in the next door neighbor neighbor's yard. We had so much fun running around in the sprinkler that day we lost track of the time and had to go in. We were doing just fine until Mom asked Marty where his glasses were. Neither of us could remember. We each got spankings and sent to our room. No dinner either. Mom and Dad were REAL mad as those stinking glasses cost a lot of money. Both of us were grounded and could only come out of our room to do chores under direct supervision until we remembered. It took three miserable days for the glasses to turn up. The next door neighbor lady named Audrey found them and gave them to Mom. I can picture that damned fence right now and all of it's subtle nuances. I should draw you a picture. I'll end my little story right now and do that and post it here. Maybe the next entry will include a photo instead of a sketch. Thanks for reading this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are totally welcome to leave a comment but bear in mind your Mom could read it anytime.