Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sore Losers Tear Everyone Down

     When I was a small boy I was not really very good at baseball. I tried out for the West Pullman Little League but it was a complete fail. My Dad always taught me to be a good sport though. We often played for hours on the lot next to the tracks. No clean uniforms or mowed grass and NO adults. So when we tried out it was no surprise as we had our own game. We still learned about sportmanship. It's not whether you win or lose but how you played the game. So when I think about baseball I think about that. We played with broken bats and sometimes sticks and no gloves. In fact I really didn't own a glove until my Dad wanted us to try out for the team.
     Recently I auditioned for the job of announcer at Wrigley Field the home of the Chicago Cubs. Now, I just wonder how many of the 2900 other people who auditioned feel about what came next. I got an e-mail this week that promised me free tickets to one of three games next week. I jumped on it. The interesting question though is how many people did that? How many people can say I had fun trying out and thanks for the chance to audition? It was my pleasure and I would love to go to the game as a follow up. I wonder.
     I also wonder the percentage of people that became angry about not getting the job and I ask myself, did I just see 2900 sock puppet accounts go into effect at You Tube? I checked as this was going on to see if any of these people had videos up there besides the one for the audition. It is not a pretty picture.  They really didn't have a You Tube channel until they tried out for the job. I can see the possibility of there being trolls coming out of this as a result of those hard feelings. Look for yourself at my video and you'll see the other videos in the related column, here is a link Chicago Cubs Audition .
     Recently an online acquaintance lost his Adsense privileges. That is not a pretty picture there because he is now attempting to make videos to get himself banned. I am wondering why he just doesn't walk in on cam naked and play with himself like SummerDaySweet did?
     Then I saw videos at You Tube about a thing called "click bombing" which is basically sabotaging someones Adsense account by using a click bot to run up exorbitant clicks against it. It really has happened to some of the You Tubers in my age group more than others. It could happen to anyone just like all the troll comments we You Tubers get. I suspect they may be related. Trolls think they are funny. So does mainstream media or old media as I call it. We as members of the new media we have a responsibility to police ourselves, even if it costs us a few ticks down in the ratings. Of course as I post this I just got my 700th subscriber, Xeroxxed.  Ironic isn't it?                  
               To date I have 226 blocked users though. How many do you have?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are totally welcome to leave a comment but bear in mind your Mom could read it anytime.