Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trademark Infringement Is Really Serious

     I guess it could be profitable too. I got an e-mail from a law firm up in New York yesterday. It seems like they are really miffed about finding a needle in a haystack. I won't mention the name of their client or their name for that matter. It is good to see all the money I spent through the years on his client's product going to good use(sarcasm). I hope they don't miss it now that I've quit using it. I hope his client saved and invested it wisely as I won't be buying their product anymore.
     I will talk about something good I got going on and a thing I use and I don't think I am going to stop using it. Personal vaporizers are now my thing after using them for over a year. I set up a web site visit it here Smoke E Zone . I promise I will refrain from using the "c" word, but that isn't the problem. The biggest problem is getting traffic to my site and getting sales. You can solve that problem by visiting the site and tell me what you think. It is a little bit of a different approach because I look at things differently. Oh and tell your friends too.
    The story here is I actually have been approached by a law firm and they may or may not try to sue me. I guess it depends upon what? I'm not too sure. I'm really broke. That is why I'm trying to sell this product. We don't have money to heat our home or buy food but sure I got money to pay a lawyer, no problem.
     Really, I am still not believing what I'm seeing here. I printed it out, that's wild. How did they find that it was even in small print. I changed and updated the web site to not include the offending material. You really got to be on your toes around here with this stuff and let this be a lesson to you be very careful about what you post to your web site folks. You even have to be careful on these blog entries too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rich. Disclaimer: I am not an attorney and this is an opinion. Rich, I believe that minor copyright violations are not prosecutable if you remedy their complaint without delay. IE, you change whatever they find to be a violation as soon as possible then they have no further recourse unless you made a huge sum of money of that specific violation. I would just wait and see what happens. I DO know this: If they threaten to sue...you hire and attorney...and then they don't sue, then they have to pay your attorneys fees. Hopes this helps buddy.
    John (from Vegas)

    ReplyDelete

You are totally welcome to leave a comment but bear in mind your Mom could read it anytime.